Like many young actresses who grow up in front of the cameras, Biel had to fight to transition from wholesome teen to adult screen siren. This former model hit it big with her very first TV role as a minister’s adolescent daughter on 7th Heaven, but she disliked the character’s goody-goody image. After creating a stir by posing seminude for a men’s magazine, the underage beauty started to win more mature film roles, although usually she was called on to show off more skin than acting chops. Off screen, Biel was romantically linked with two of her costars, Cellular‘s Chris Evans and 7th Heaven‘s Adam LaVorgna.
Jessica Biel Fast Facts:
- Raised in Boulder, CO, she began her acting career at age 9.
- Participated in 1994’s International Modeling & Talent Association competition; won an acting scholarship to the Young Actors Space, Los Angeles, CA.
- Nominated for several Youth in Film awards for her work portraying Mary Camden on the TV drama 7th Heaven.
- Appeared seminude in GEAR magazine in March 2000 in an effort to change her wholesome image.
- Won the 1998 Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Feature Film By a Supporting Young Actress for her work in the movie Ulee’s Gold, where she played Peter Fonda’s rebellious daughter.
- Named the Sexiest Woman Alive by Esquire magazine in 2005.
- Cofounded Make the Difference Network, a website that acts as liaison between those with an interest in philanthropic giving and nonprofit organizations with specific requests.
Jessica Biel Relationships:
- Jon Biel – Father
- Justin Biel – Brother
- Kim Biel – Mother
- Justin Timberlake – Significant Other
- Chris Evans – Ex-significant Other
- Adam LaVorgna – Ex-significant Other
- Attended Tufts University, Medford, MA