Biography and Career :
Cameron Diaz grew up in the typical fashion of any all-American girl. Except of course, she was an exceptional beauty. Cameron Diaz’s dad, Emilio, a Cuban American, was a foreman at a California Oil Company. Her mom, Billie, who’s German, English, and Native American, was an import-export broker.
Cameron Diaz was raised in Long Beach alongside her sister Chimene. As she was growing up, Cameron was like most girls, listening to lots of modern music and acting wild. But by her mid-teens, Cameron began attending Hollywood parties and staying out until the wee hours of the morning.
At the age of 21, Diaz auditioned for Jim Carrey’s The Mask. To her own surprise, and with no previous acting experience, she was cast as the female lead. Immediately after getting the part, she signed up for acting lessons.
Over the next three years, she won roles in low-budget, independent films, such as The Last Supper, Feeling Minnesota, and She’s The One.
Cameron Diaz then regained mainstream success with My Best Friend’s Wedding and There’s Something About Mary, and won critical acclaim for Being John Malkovich, which earned her Best Supporting Actress nominations at the Golden Globes, the BAFTA Awards and the SAG Awards.
Cameron Diaz has also starred in the hit adaptation of Charlie’s Angels and its sequel, and she voiced a lead character in Shrek and its sequel, for which she earned $10 million. In 2001, she won nominations for Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Globes, the SAG Awards and the AFI Awards for Vanilla Sky. For Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle, she became the second actress (after Julia Roberts) to earn $20 million for a role; the film underperformed at the box office.
– Her favourite soccer team is Brentford. Sometimes she can be seen wearing a red and white woolly hat.
– She is very superstitious.
– In 2005, Cameron revealed that during her school days, she was called Skeletor, a villain in He-Man cartoon, by her classmates. Many tabloids published this.
– Has a reputation for being late.
– Was set to play Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat (1995) but broke her wrist prior to filming and was replaced by Bridgette Wilson.
– Got alcohol poisoning in Australia at age 18.
– Diaz was the host of the 2005 MTV television series Trippin’.
– In 2006, Diaz was voted as one of the worst celebrity autograph signers, according to a list from Autograph Collector magazine:
– “Cameron Diaz may be a talented actress, but she’s persistently a terrible signer. Instead of just turning down a person’s autograph request, she’ll lecture them about how dumb autographs are.”
– “Your regrets aren’t what you did, but what you didn’t do. So I take every opportunity.”
– “I grew up with a lot of boys. I probably have a lot of testosterone for a woman.”
– “Growing up, I was the plain one. I had no style. I was the tough kid with the comb in the back pocket and the feathered hair.”
– “I would kiss a frog even if there were no promise of a Prince Charming popping out of it. I love frogs. I’d lick him.”