* Birth Place: Miami, FL
* Date of Birth 12/28/1990
* Profession: Reality cast member; singer
Height 5′ 7″ (1.70 m)
* Started singing at age 7, but stopped for several years when it was discovered that he had a paralyzed vocal chord.
* Appeared on The Jenny Jones Show to sing “And I Am Telling You” from Dreamgirls.
* Won the Junior category on Star Search in 2003, when he was 12.
* Takes voice lessons from the same vocal coach as previous American Idol contestant Carmen Rasmusen.
* Runner-up for Season 7 of American Idol; winner was David Cook.
* David Archuleta Relationships:
* Jeff Archuleta – Father
* Lupe Archuleta – Mother
* Daniel Archuleta – Brother
* Claudia Archuleta – Sister
* Amber Archuleta – Sister
* Jazzy Archuleta – Sister
In an L.A. Times article Ann Powers pointed out that Archuleta’s arrangement of the song happened to be borrowed from one recorded by the late jazz-pop singer Eva Cassidy. A YouTube clip shows him singing the same arrangement for an appearance on the morning show “Good Things Utah” when he was 13.
His performance of John Lennon’s “Imagine” on the Feb. 26, 2008 broadcast of “American Idol” made him an early favorite to make it to the seventh season’s finals.
Is of Hispanic/Latino decent: Spanish-Basque (father) & Honduran (mother).
David’s dad is James Jeffrey Archuleta & his mom is Xiomara Guadalupe Mayorga
Son of Jeff Archuleta.
Is the second oldest of five children.
Once suffered partial vocal paralysis but declined risky surgery and has said he feels he is almost fully recovered.