- As a kid, Amy Winehouse wanted to be a roller-skating waitress.
- At age 10, Amy Winehouse and her best friend formed a rap duo inspired by Salt-n-Pepa. The name? Sweet ‘n Sour. “I was sour, of course,” she told the London Observer.
- Amy Winehouse got her first tattoo, a small Betty Boop on her back, at age 15. At that point, she told Rolling Stone, “My parents pretty much realized I would do whatever I wanted, and that was it, really.”
- Just how high is Amy Winehouse‘s trademark beehive? “On a good day, easily six [inches],” she told Entertainment Weekly.
- Not surprisingly, Amy Winehouse has strong opinions when it comes to cocktails.
Her favorite is the Rickstasy: three parts vodka, one part Southern Comfort, one part banana liqueur and one part Bailey’s.
Amy Winehouse Five Fan Facts Wednesday, Jun 18 2008
Amy Winehouse biography Thursday, May 22 2008
Birth Name: Amy Jade Winehouse
Birth Date: September 14, 1983
Birth Place: Enfield, Middlesex, England
Spouse : Blake Fielder- Civil (since 18-May-07)
Education: Attended Ashmole School in Southgate, London
Attended the Sylvia Young Theatre School in Marylebone, London
Attended the BRIT School in Selhurst, London Borough of Croydon, England.
Amy Winehouse Biography Friday, Mar 28 2008
Hailing from North London the vocal prodigy known as Amy Winehouse spent her early years balancing boyfriends and school just like most teenagers. However unlike her peers she was secretly maturing one of the most distinctive sets of vocal chords known to man.
Not being one to rest on her god given gift of vocal supremacy Amy’s love of all things Jazz moulded her into the finished article we marvel at today. Vocally Amy’s sound may be
more suited to a 50’s Manhattan basement club with swirling smoke and crushed velvet curtains but with her use of forefront beats and no surrender lyrics she is well and truly planted in the present.